Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fairs and Towers

People watching is what I like best about NYC. But sometimes it is hard to do this because everyone is moving so fast. 
One afternoon after church there was a street fair going on. I had to eat, so I decided to walk around and see what delectable foods they had to try. This was fun because people weren't in a hurry, they had slowed down to just enjoy the sights and smells of the street vendors. There still was an energy about the fair, the noise of NYC had not lessened, but people were just enjoying themselves with no hurry to be anywhere.
The vendors were many. The fair was about three blocks long, with various foods to eat, "I Love NYC" t-shirts, scarves, plants, jewelry, women's accessories, sunglasses, African art and baskets - it was all there.




And then there are the Towers. I found three. There possibly could have been more. There was one on Columbus Circle, another across from the UN and the third was on the west side, across from the Hudson River. The Heliport was near the third tower, it was pretty busy the day I walked by. They didn't seem very busy. Occasionally there were some cars parked in front where chauffeurs were opening doors as people hurried into the Towers. Maybe I should have walked in one to see if they are as grand as I had heard. Maybe the people I would have seen in the Towers would have changed my perspective of people in NYC. Possibly it could have been the best people watching episode I could ever want! But I didn't because there are just too many people in NYC that are interesting all by themselves.





1 comment:

  1. Your photos look fabulous!!! It makes us want to take a trip to NYC!

    ReplyDelete