Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How I Travel


This is where I am twice a day - Subway stop at 125th Street and Broadway.
It is an elevated platform. When I first saw it I thought,
 "Oh, no! I have to climb how many stairs?" 
Luckily there is an escalator up/down from the the white and green platform, 
then once you enter you climb up a flight of stairs to the trains.


I lean on this sign every morning. It is a nice view.
I am glad it is not winter. 
We aren't far from the Hudson River, and there is always a breeze.


This is a Metro Card. It gets me where I need to go. 
With a few exceptions, you have unlimited access to all the trains and buses for 30 days.
I have a special place near to my heart for this card.
My only wish for this card was that it had 
an elevator and quick and immediate access to the right train!.


This is the subway map.
It is crucial to understand the difference between a 1 train and a Q train.
You might end up in a neighborhood you hadn't planned on. 
It could be a pleasant surprise, or a long wait till you find the correct train!
Times Square transfer station is huge. It is easy to get lost there
Who would have known there could be such a labyrinth
of passageways under the streets of New York.









1 comment:

  1. I was kind of stunned by the subway system the one day we were there. I guess you learn quickly if you want to survive there :) Hope you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete